🌿 I Choose to Be Happy
By Leota Muschette | June 26, 2018
True Happiness Doesn’t Come from the World — It Comes from God
According to the Oxford Dictionary, happiness is defined as “feeling or showing contentment.” But through my life’s journey, I’ve come to understand that true happiness comes from God — not from material things, personal success, or even people.
My happiness doesn’t come from my education, family, finances, or possessions. It doesn’t rest in the temporary highs of life. The real source of happiness — lasting, unshakable happiness — is found in my relationship with God.
🌟 A Journey That Started Young
I accepted Christ as my Savior at the tender age of six. At that time, I believed that being baptized was all I needed to be a “complete Christian.” But as I grew, especially through the teachings at my home church, I came to realize there was more.
At eight, I received the precious gift of the Holy Ghost. Still, I soon learned that this was not the end, but rather the beginning of a lifelong journey of faith. A relationship with God requires daily commitment — living a life that pleases Him, even when it’s difficult.
I didn’t always get it right. I fell many times. I stumbled in my walk with God due to a lack of deep understanding. I didn’t know Him personally — not in the way I needed to. But I grew hungry for more. I made it my mission to go deeper.
🔥 A Deeper Connection
I began to:
• Read the Word more intentionally
• Pray more consistently
• Fast more regularly
• Sing songs that brought me into God’s presence
I became more involved in church life: youth weeks, conventions, camps, and ministry activities. I surrounded myself with friends who shared my passion for going higher in God.
Holiness is not something you inherit. It requires a personal relationship with the Holy Spirit — your greatest helper on the journey to spiritual maturity. Yes, your leaders can pray for you, but you cannot depend on them to sustain you.
You must learn to pray for yourself. You must know God for yourself.
💔 In My Weakness, I Found Joy
Life isn’t easy. I’ve faced disappointment, heartbreak, pain, and spiritual attacks. There were moments when friends weren’t there. Family couldn’t help. Even church members were absent.
But through it all, the Holy Spirit has been my comforter.
• In my loneliness, He was my companion.
• In my battles, He was my strength.
• When I was down or depressed, He became my joy.
Even when the money didn’t come, when hope seemed lost, or when I was bombarded by negative thoughts — the Holy Spirit showed up. He removed confusion and replaced it with clarity. He lit up the darkest corners of my life.
🧠 A Battle in the Mind
I wrestled with my own thoughts — my expectations for my life — versus God’s divine plan. My ideas were limited, but God’s plan was higher. It was like being on a spiritual rollercoaster.
But the more I got to know God, the more I trusted Him.
And the more I trusted Him, the more He began to align everything in my life for His glory.
One scripture that carried me through this journey is:
Isaiah 55:8-11 (KJV)
“For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord…”
This passage reminds me daily: God knows what He’s doing.
🙏🏽 Letting God Lead Brings True Happiness
Now, when I wake up each morning, I don’t move on my own accord. I ask God for direction. I acknowledge that His way is always better.
When I make choices on my own, I often walk into disappointment, confusion, or pain. But when I let God lead, I experience:
✅ Joy
✅ Peace
✅ Clarity
✅ Confidence
✅ Contentment
That feeling of achieving something — not just for myself, but through the anointing of God — that’s real happiness. The anointing makes the difference.
💖 Why I Choose to Be Happy
Through every storm, every setback, and every silent night, I’ve discovered that happiness is not a destination — it’s a decision.
So, with every breath I have, I choose to:
✅ Trust God
✅ Seek His face
✅ Follow His plan
✅ And be joyful in Him
This is why I choose to be happy.
I choose to be happy — because God is the source of my joy.

A good read .
ReplyDeleteGod bless you
DeleteGod deserves the Glory
Marsha Edwards.
DeleteVery inspirational.
We must choose happiness, if we are to experience and share God's gifts with others
ReplyDeletethank you
ReplyDeleteplease share
DeleteBeautiful darling,happy to see you joining the bloggers club....happiness is truly a choice! (Shakera)
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
Deletehey Shakeera thank you so much always Needed to do this more is coming But God has open the door for me to start .Hence just inspiring eah person eacdh day some one needs a word of encouragment each day.Keep me in your prayers blessings please share
DeleteWow sound words evangelist muchette
ReplyDeleteTrue... My watsap status is i choose to be happy n i realize the devil trying to rob my happiness but I'm standing on that word
Sound words of encouragement Leota. Continue to be a blessing to others. Be bless
ReplyDeleteBlessings Thank you
DeleteFabulous. Amen
ReplyDeleteGod bless @LiveLove Laugh
Deleteneed your prayers
ReplyDeleteGreat reading, and it's surely is a choice and with the guidance of the Holy Ghost that choice will definitely become easier. God lest you Leota
ReplyDeleteThank you I am glad you were blessed
ReplyDeleteJancasino – Online Casinos & Games at Jancasino
ReplyDelete“Jancasino – 온라인 바카라 게임 Online Casinos & Games 카지노 사이트 at 1xbet 먹튀 Jancasino.com. All about the Jancasino sporting100.com game providers including NetEnt, Microgaming and 카지노 Microgaming.