Skip to main content

The Strength of a Mother

​

The Strength of a Mother

May 20, 2026

Being a mom is surely not easy. Motherhood comes with many responsibilities, sacrifices, sleepless nights, tears, and endless prayers. Yet despite the challenges, mothers continue to love, nurture, protect, and care for their children with unwavering strength and compassion.

Today, I just want to give it up to all the mothers across the world for your sacrifice in looking after your children ☺️. Your love and dedication do not go unnoticed. Mothers are among God’s greatest gifts to the family and to society.

As parents, we truly need the strength of God to raise our children in the love and fear of God. In a world filled with so many challenges, we must continue to pray for wisdom, patience, and guidance as we shape the next generation.

The Bible says:

“Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.”
— Proverbs 22:6 (KJV)

This scripture reminds us of the importance of teaching our children godly values, love, discipline, respect, and faith from an early age.

God also promises strength to parents who feel weary:

“I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.”
— Philippians 4:13 (KJV)

Even on the difficult days, God gives mothers and parents the strength to continue. Prayer remains one of the greatest tools in raising children.

Another encouraging scripture says:

“Her children arise up, and call her blessed.”
— Proverbs 31:28 (KJV)

A mother’s impact reaches far beyond words. The seeds of love, faith, kindness, and sacrifice planted into children’s lives can shape generations.

Quotations on Motherhood

“All that I am, or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother.”
— Abraham Lincoln

Mothers are important to the family.

“A mother is she who can take the place of all others but whose place no one else can take.”
— Cardinal Mermillod

No one can replace your mother.

“The influence of a mother in the lives of her children is beyond calculation.”
— James E. Faust

Mothers are very influential to their children we have to be very careful what we say or do before our children.

“To describe my mother would be to write about a hurricane in its perfect power.”
— Maya Angelou

Mothers are a tower of strength in families they do do many things behind the scenes ☺️.

Motherhood is not about perfection; it is about love, sacrifice, faith, and perseverance. To every mother, single parent, grandmother, foster mother, and mother figure — thank you for your endless sacrifices and prayers.

I pray strength, peace, wisdom, and God’s covering over all parents across the world. May God continue to guide us as we raise our children in love and truth.

#Vassells

Leota Vassell
BSc Social Work

Photographer: Stephen Vassell

Facebook / Instagram / TikTok — Leota Vassell

leotagrebirth@gmail.com / gabrielmuschette@yahoo.com


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Springtime and the Unchanging God

​ Springtime and the Unchanging God Spring is a beautiful reminder that seasons change. The cold of winter gives way to warmth, flowers begin to bloom, and new life emerges all around us. It is a time of renewal, growth, and fresh beginnings. Just as nature transitions through seasons, so do we in our own lives. “To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.” Ecclesiastes 3:1 (KJV) There are seasons when everything feels like it’s flourishing doors open, prayers are answered, and joy is evident. Then there are seasons of waiting, uncertainty, or even hardship, where things may seem still or unclear. Each season carries its own purpose, even when we don’t fully understand it at the time. What brings comfort and assurance is this truth: while seasons change, God never does. His love remains constant. His promises are sure. His presence is steady. “Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.”  Hebrews 13:8 (KJV) “For I am the Lord,...

Family, Marriage, and Faith: The Foundation of a Godly Society

Family, Marriage, and Faith: The Foundation of a Godly Society Family is one of God’s greatest designs for humanity. It is the first institution He established, and it remains the backbone of the church, the community, and the world. Strong families build strong churches. Strong churches influence strong nations. At the center of it all is God’s perfect design for marriage—the foundation upon which the family is built. God’s Design for Marriage Marriage is not just a social agreement; it is a divine covenant established by God. From the beginning, God created man and woman to come together in unity, love, and purpose. “Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.” — Genesis 2:24 (KJV) This scripture reveals the heart of God for marriage: unity, commitment, and lifelong partnership. Marriage is the foundation upon which stable families are built. When marriage is strong, children are nurtured in love, stability, and ...

“The Yellow Notebook: My First Vision in 2008”

The Yellow Notebook: My First Vision in 2008 By Leota Vassell Bsc  (Social Work) Why I Write https://youtube.com/shorts/uylJ8_Ov38E?is=wJYf_SckpEIl_kC7 I often ask myself, “Why do I write?” When I look back over my life, I realize that writing has been a part of my journey for many years. Long before I started this blog, before I understood the importance of documenting my thoughts, dreams, prayers, and experiences, there was a little yellow notebook. That notebook takes me back to 2008. At that time, I was younger and still discovering who I was, what I wanted from life, and what God had planned for me. I did not fully understand the significance of writing my thoughts and dreams down. I knew that there were things inside of me that I wanted to see become reality. So I wrote them down. I wrote about my dreams. I wrote about the things I desired. I wrote about the future I hoped for. I wrote what I believed could become possible. Looking back now, I realize that the little yellow n...